o

AFKAR

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

To all you losers out there, to all the liberals, and especially, the peace-loving ones.

Many are asking who won the war and who lost. Should HA keep their weapons, and should they disarm?

I have been reading blogs all nights and many have the attitudes and are asking the questions listed above and more.....

Well, some facts are being ignored and the whole issue is being unwisely underrated.

Fact # 1. Unfortunately for us Lebanese, almost everyone in the world has some interest that starts, ends or just happens to intersect in our beloved country. United States, Israel, EU, Iran, Syria, Russia, the rest of the arab world, etc.

United States, to get their "New Middle-East" and secure their grab on the world's largest oil reserves. Also to make us all live the Democratic (as per US standards, we have to be precise) mode of the AMERICAN WAY OF LIVING..

Israel, to secure the Northern borders of a states built on the skull and bones of the Palestinian people; Also to secure their control over the waters of Litany in Lebanon. Lebanon, in its pluralistic dimensions is also a threat to the "Jewish State"... Believe me, if the Israeli’s could find a way to justify a great Arab exodus (including the Israeli Arabs, know as the Arabs of the 48) they would have done that a long time ago. That is, if we want to ignore the ideological interests of the "Israelis" orthodox Jews. Also, now they have another 2 reasons: being forced to withdraw from Lebanon in 200o and having to shamefully retreat their “Undefeatable Army” baring a having losses in death and casualties, in additions to tens of their sophisticated tanks and armored vehicles (they won’t forget that)


Syria and Iran (they come in a package; also US and Israel are usually presented as a couple as well).... well. Syria and Iran, and we can maybe add Russia to the package, want to reduce the US dominance in the middle east do secure their own interests: Syrian government staying in power, the Irani Nuclear projects, Iran's ambition to be a major player in the region, Russia to regain its golden days of the USSR and come back as a contender to the US in the world; i.e. secure their own interests.

As for the rest of the Arab world, which can be lumped into a saudi-egyptian-jordanian front, and those who follow!! These three countries, do not wish to see Iran as a major player in the region, thereby reduce their own part, which has been reduced to a “Yes Dear” of the US interests in the region. Also, In Saudi Arabia, like much of the gulf region in general, if you are not a local, you are second degree human being, racism is a concept unheard of by a large percentage of people in the country, not to mention that women's driving privileges is still being debates. In Egypt, moubarak and his ruling party had to close up voting stations in the last elections in order to win. And ahhh, the american democracy; they gave moubarak a small slap on the hand and asked them not to do it again. As for Jordan, we all know better than to say anything about the "king", otherwise.......... (for all those who are rolling their eye balls, that happens in syria as well) so Lebanon, Hassan nasrallah, pluralism, freedom of speech and press... That doesn’t work for US-Arab countries; oh not to mention the shia cresent...

Fact # 2. For all those who believe that Lebanon will not be a playground for the international community's interests, YOU better wake up...... Soon.

So using my own limited knowledge of the secret underworld of politics. I look at things and wonder where do I stand.?? I mean, I do not want Lebanon to be a playground where the world powers do their dirty work; that is for sure. I do not want US and Israeli dominance either. I like my kids to have the Lebanese way of living (one of the Lebanese life styles that is, thanks to pluralism. And I mean that in a very positive way ). I want to be able to speak my mind, be able to live in honor and dignity, in relative safety, and I definitely want my mother and sisters to drive.

So given what was mentioned above, in addition to the grueling reality of having to take someone’s side (yes we have to). I thought I'd rather where most shia in Lebanon; not because I am shia and therefore safety un numbers, or because I love sayyed Hassan, but because it makes the most logical choice. What did we ever gain from the US, Israel or the Arab world; nothing but killing, lying and one betrayal after another. But do not get me wrong, I am shia, but I do not want an Islamic state in Lebanon (or southern Lebanon) because it simply can not work. I also said that I'd like to be able to speak my mind, something you can not do in Syria. But siding with the interests of these two countries and being a fully fledged partner in this alliance (contrary to what many might believe, that we are being used as a tool by these countries) has brought us dignity and pride more than anyone could have ever believed an Arab would get, something I can always tell my kids about. " The day Israel destroyed our homes and villages, but its mighty army could not set foot in the South without paying a heavy price and retreating like cowards back where they came from..” something that the world powers put together can never take from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home